If you are planning on participating in one of our courses, you will spend that week in the lovely city of Delft. On this page you will find some handy tips and tricks to ensure a comfortable time here.
Delft is a popular tourist destination and there are many hotels, bed & breakfast and Airbnb locations located throughout the city. The following hotels are hotels we recommend: within walking distance from the course location:
- Best Western Hotel is about 3.5 km from the Department of Biotechnology and closest to DSM Campus.
- Hotel de Koophandel is about 3.5 km from the Department of Biotechnology and located on a very nice square in the city centre.
- WestCord Hotel is about 3.4 km from the Department of Biotechnology, located just outside the city centre, on walking distance from the city centre. The car parking is free for hotel guests.
- Hampshire Hotel Delft Centre is about 3.5 km from the Department of Biotechnology, located just outside the city centre, on walking distance from the city centre.
Hotels can be arranged at your request by sending an email BiotechDelft@tudelft.nl.
The most convenient way of transport in the Netherlands is your trusty bicycle, and Delft is no exception to that. You can rent a bike at several places in the centre, such as FietsPlus Delft or Van der Plank tweewielers (website only in Dutch).
Apart from great cycling lanes, Delft also has a trustworthy bus network with three bus lines stopping at the Department of Biotechnology:
- Line 69 in the direction of TU Technopolis
- Lines 174 and 40 in the direction of Rotterdam
9292ov provides a handy and reliable app (Google Play Store, App Store) and website to plan your trip with public transit. The bus stop closest to the Department of Biotechnology is TU Kluyverpark. At your request we can provide a public transfer card. We have a few cards available for the particpants of our courses.
Good places to start your search for a hotel or bed & breakfast are:
The Buienradar app (Google Play Store, App Store) provides short-term local weather predictions; great to avoid short rain showers.
To get an impression of Delft before a course, you can watch this amazing video, made by a TU Delft PhD student: